Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wrap it in Maroon and White

 I know this post is a little late, but the weekend before I left was definitely one of the best ever and I couldn’t have scripted a better one to go out on.  It´s definitely something to write about so I´ll hit on the highlights:




Cappe’s Lunch- Over the past year or so I’ve been privileged enough to be involved in a tradition with some guys in which we eat at Cappe’s steakhouse every Friday for lunch. This was always something I looked forward to during my weeks at school and coming back for it one last time was no different. I got my usual: chicken and dressing, sweet potato casserole, green beans, cheese grits, sweet tea, and a free banana pudding (thanks to our awesome waitress, Cherish). The food was just as good as ever and so was the fellowship.



Little Dooey’s Dinner- For dinner Friday night a bunch of us ate at my favorite Starkville dining establishment, The Little Dooey. I know this doesn’t sound like a highlight, but unless you’ve eaten at Dooey’s you probably wouldn’t understand anyway. I promise there are more exciting things to my week than food.



Friday Night Surprise- Later that night I was surprised with a party by about 60 of my friends as I walked into my friend Danielle’s apartment for what I thought was going to be some relaxing, hangout/catch-up time. I have never had anyone surprise me with a party so this was so exciting for me. The apartment was packed with people, there was food, but my favorite part was a book that my friends made for me. It had pictures of me and my friends in it and nice notes that people had written for me, wishing me luck. I am so blessed to have such wonderful, thoughtful friends and I don’t know that I have ever felt so loved in all of my life.


Me and some friends at the tailgate
State v. Memphis football game- self explanatory



TSUN loss- I try not to relish or find joy when TSUN loses but sometimes…well, every time I just cant help myself. I am in no way trying to rub this in anyone’s face, it was just part of my awesome weekend.



Tailgate Party- not only was I surprised once this weekend but my parents also put together a surprise party at our tailgate. They organized it as I was making one of my “social laps” around the junction and all my friends were there when I got back with a cake that looked like the flag of Argentina. It was another great part of my weekend.



The Weather- absolutely couldn’t have asked for better weather for football.


Erin Andrews Encounter-  yes it is true, I saw Erin Andrews in the airport in Atlanta.  I wasnt sure if it was her at first, but after stalking her for a while I knew it was.  Here is the picture to prove it for all you doubters.


Ok so maybe I didn’t spare yall the details but everything was just so great this weekend and I absolutely could not have thought up a better one to go out on. I am so excited to be in Argentina but will definitely miss many people. Once again I’d just like to say how thankful I am to have been blessed with such wonderful friends and family.



JM

No comments:

Post a Comment